Kanhaiya Kumar was born on 1 January 1987, and brought up in Bihat village (near Barauni) in Begusarai district of Bihar. The village is part of Teghra constituency, which is considered a CPI stronghold. Kanhaiya’s father is Jaishankar Singh. His mother Meena Devi is an Anganwadi worker. He has an elder brother, Manikant, who works as a supervisor in a company in Assam. His family members have traditionally been supporters of CPI.
Kanhaiya is an Indian political activist, who served as the President of Jawaharlal Nehru University Students’ Union and leader of the All India Students Federation (AISF) since 2015. He served as a member of the National Executive Council of the Communist Party of India. He joined the Indian National Congress on 28 September 2021.
R in Barauni. Of. C. Before joining high school, Kumar studied in Middle School, Masnadpur till class six. During his school days, Kumar participated in many plays and activities organized by IPTA (Indian People’s Theater Association), a leftist cultural group dating back to the days of India’s independence struggle. He passed the tenth class board examination with first division in 2001.
After school, Kumar took admission in Ram Ratan Singh College, Mokama, taking science subjects in class XI-XII. She then graduated from the College of Commerce, Arts and Science, Patna in 2008 with a degree in Geography, earning “First Division”.
|Real Name||Kanhaiya Kumar|
|Profession||Present -Politician (Indian National Congress) . Paste Communist Party of India (2016-2021)|
Personal Life & More
|Date of Birth||1st january 1987|
|Age (as in 2023)||36 years|
|Birth Place||Begusarai, Bihar, India|
|Residence||Begusarai, Bihar, India|
|School||College of Commerce, Arts and Science, Patna (BA) Nalanda Open University|
|College & Institute||(MA) Jawaharlal Nehru University (PhD)|
Physical Stats & More
|Height (Approx.)||5 Feet & 6 inches (165 Cm)|
|Weight (Approx.)||72 Kgs|
|Body Measurement (Approx.)||40-34-12|
Affairs & More
|Favorite Food||Litti & Chokha, Kachori & Domestic Food, Mutton shawarma|
|Favorite Actor||Hritik Raushan, Ranbir Kapoor|
|Favorite Actress||Shraddha Kapoor, Yami Gautam|
|Favorite Color||Yellow, Black & Pink|
|Favorite Cricketer||Sachin Tendulkar|
|Favorite Footballer||Lionel Messy, Antoine Griezmann|
|Favorite Book||Sustenance is better than hunger, treeconomics by Stephen j. Dubner and Steven Levitt.|
Family & More
Hobbies & Money Factor
|Hobbies||Reading Book, Eating & Travelling|
|Net Worth (Approx.)||10 lakh INR (in 2023)|
Social Media ID
|Twitter ID||Click To Follow Her|
|Facebook ID||Click To Follow Her|
|Instagram ID||Click To Follow Her|
some additional facts about Kanhaiya Kumar:
- Kanhaiya Kumar hails from a modest background and pursued his education at various institutions.
- He completed his postgraduate studies in sociology from the prestigious Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) in New Delhi.
- Kanhaiya Kumar gained significant attention when he was elected as the president of the Jawaharlal Nehru University Students’ Union (JNUSU) in 2015.
- His tenure as JNUSU president was marked by his vocal advocacy for student rights and social justice.
- Kanhaiya Kumar is known for his powerful and impassioned speeches on various political and social issues.
- His speeches have been widely shared and discussed in Indian media and social platforms.
- As mentioned earlier, Kanhaiya Kumar was charged with sedition in 2016 for his alleged involvement in a protest at JNU.
- The charges and his subsequent arrest garnered significant media attention and led to debates on freedom of expression and dissent in India.
- Kanhaiya Kumar has expressed political aspirations and has been associated with left-wing political movements and parties.
- In the years following his prominence as a student leader, he became involved in Indian politics and has run for political office.
- Kanhaiya Kumar has authored a book titled “Bihar to Tihar: My Political Journey” where he shares his personal journey and political experiences.
- Kanhaiya Kumar has been involved in the politics of the state of Bihar, and he has expressed his political ambitions within the context of Bihar’s state politics.
- Kanhaiya Kumar gained widespread recognition and prominence for his role in student politics and activism.
- He was the president of the Jawaharlal Nehru University Students’ Union (JNUSU) in 2015-2016, where he was associated with the All India Students Federation (AISF), which is the student wing of the Communist Party of India.
- Kanhaiya Kumar became a prominent voice in Indian politics for his articulate speeches and activism on various social and political issues, including student rights, social justice, and economic inequality.
- He gained even more attention and national recognition in 2016 when he was charged with sedition along with other JNU students for allegedly participating in an event protesting the execution of Afzal Guru.
- His arrest and the subsequent controversy sparked a nationwide debate on free speech and the rights of students to express their views.
- Kanhaiya Kumar is often associated with left-wing and socialist ideologies and has been a vocal critic of various government policies and decisions.
- He has also been involved in various political movements and campaigns, particularly in his home state of Bihar.
1. Who is Kanhaiya Kumar?
ANS- Kanhaiya Kumar is an Indian politician and activist who gained prominence as the president of the Jawaharlal Nehru University Students’ Union (JNUSU) and later became known for his involvement in left-wing politics and activism.
2. What are some of Kumar’s key political beliefs?
ANS- Kanhaiya Kumar is known for his advocacy of socialist and left-wing ideologies. He has been a vocal critic of various government policies and has emphasized issues related to social justice, economic inequality, and the rights of students.
3. Why did Kumar gain national attention in 2016?
ANS- Kanhaiya Kumar gained national attention in 2016 when he and several other JNU students were charged with sedition for their alleged participation in a protest event at JNU. The controversy surrounding this incident led to widespread debates on freedom of expression and dissent.
4. What is Kumar’s educational background?
ANS- Kanhaiya Kumar pursued his postgraduate studies in sociology at Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), where he became actively involved in student politics.
5. Has Kumar held political office?
ANS- As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, Kanhaiya Kumar had expressed political aspirations and had been associated with left-wing political movements and parties. He had run for political office, particularly in the context of Bihar state politics.
6. What are some of the notable speeches or writings by Kanhaiya?
ANS- Kanhaiya Kumar is known for his powerful speeches on various political and social issues. He has also authored a book titled “Bihar to Tihar: My Political Journey,” in which he shares his personal journey and political experiences.
7. Is Kanhaiya still active in politics?
ANS- As of my last knowledge update, Kanhaiya Kumar was active in Indian politics, particularly within the context of Bihar state politics. However, his political career may have evolved since then, and I recommend consulting more recent sources for the latest information.