Subhashini Sankaran Born in Thanjavur district of Tamil Nadu & studied for the UPSC exam and qualified as a criminal officer in 2010. Since then she became the first woman officer to be in-charge of security of the Chief Minister, when she became the security in-charge of the Chief Minister.
One morning in September, 2011, Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal traveled from Guwahati to Hojai. She inaugurated a new railway track there and then left for Dibrugarh for another seven-hour journey.
Special teams of Assam Police had rushed in even before the CM left Guwahati to clear the route, secure locations and ensure that security precautions are taken for the Chief Minister’s visit. The entire operation was being coordinated by Indian Police Service officer Subashini Shankaran, who was appointed as the head of Sarbananda Sonowal’s security detail in July.
Subashini is the first woman IPS officer in India after independence to be made in-charge of the security of a Chief Minister. For someone who does not have an IPS family background, Shankaran had to reinvent himself and break many stereotypes, especially in a role where there is no margin for error.
Subashini Sankaran’s Information
|Real Name||Subashini Sankaran|
|Profession||Civil Servant (IPS Officer)|
|Famous For||First woman to take charge of the security of Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal in 2010|
Subashini Sankaran’s Personal Life & More
|Date of Birth||1st january 1988|
|Age (as in 2023)||30 years|
|Birth Place||Panipat, Haryana, India|
|School||Jawaharlal Nehru University in New Delhi.|
|College & Institute||graduation in Sociology from St. Xavier & rsquo;s College|
|Educational Qualification||Post Graduate|
Also Read Sangeeta Kaliya, Air7, Career, Edu, Marital Stats, Family, Bio & More
Subashini Sankaran’s Physical Stats & More
|Height (Approx.)||5 Feet & 6 inches (165 Cm)|
|Weight (Approx.)||69 Kgs|
|Body Measurement (Approx.)||38-32-36|
Subashini Sankaran’s Affairs & More
Subashini Sankaran’s Favorite Things
|Favorite Food|| Bhelpuri, Kachori & Domestic Food, Mutton shawarma|
|Favorite Actor||Hritik Raushan, Ranbir Kapoor|
|Favorite Actress||Shraddha Kapoor, Yami Gautam|
|Favorite Color||Yellow, Black & Pink|
|Favorite Cricketer||Sachin Tendulkar|
|Favorite Footballer||Lionel Messy, Antoine Griezmann|
|Favorite Book||Sustenance is better than hunger, treeconomics by Stephen j. Dubner and Steven Levitt.|
Subashini Sankaran’s Family & More
Subashini Sankaran’s Hobbies & Money Factor
|Hobbies||Reading Book, Eating & Travelling|
|Net Worth (Approx.)||10 lakh INR|
Subashini Sankaran’s Social Media ID
Unknown Fact About Subhashini Sankaran
- In 2010, Subhashini Sankaran cracked the UPSC Mains exam with a rank of 243.
- Subhashini Sankaran went to Hyderabad for her police academy training and was eventually posted in Assam.
- Meet Subashini Shankaran, the first woman IPS officer to handle the security of a Chief Minister.
- Subhashini Sankaran is responsible for planning the CM’s travel routes.
- Subhashini Sankaran also coordinates with the teams that provide close protection and briefs security personnel.
- It is a stressful job and his working day often extends to 18 hours.
- Apart from everything else, she is an Indian woman who is breaking stereotypes by leading from the front.
- She is protecting Sarbananda Sonowa, the Chief Minister of Assam, the largest state in Northeast India, who is not only dealing with law and order problems and insurgency, but also communal conflict, trafficking, poaching and many such issues .
- Working for the Chief Minister of a difficult region is no small feat.
- Moreover, ensuring the security of the Chief Minister of a state is a job with zero tolerance for error.
- “It was a new thing for everyone, but people gradually started feeling comfortable about having a woman police officer as the chief minister’s security chief,” Subashini told News18.
- She comes from an educated middle-class family, he is from Thanjavur district of Tamil Nadu.
- However, she moved to Mumbai with her parents in the 1980s.
- After doing her schooling in Mumbai and completing her graduation in Sociology from St. Xavier’s College, she joined Jawaharlal Nehru University in New Delhi to pursue her Masters and M.Phil.
- She wrote her dissertation on women and terrorism, focusing on the suicide bombing squads of the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam. This gave him a keen understanding of the broader political and sociological situation and law and order issues in India.
- While at JNU, Subashini started preparing for the UPSC exam.
- Here, he learned the basics of Indian policing and learned to handle the physical and mental demands that come with being a law enforcement officer.
- No other member of his family ever worked for the police; His father worked in the industrial safety department of a private company, his mother is a housewife and his sister is an entrepreneur in the United States.
- Before her current appointment, she worked as Assistant Superintendent of Police at Azara Police Station, Guwahati.
- Subsequently, he was transferred to Biswanath district, followed by Silchar and Tezpur as Additional Superintendent.
- While in Bishwanath Chariyali, Subashini and her team busted a rhino-poaching gang operating from nearby Kaziranga.
- She has one piece of advice for police officers that he has learned on the job – “Talk when necessary, take strong action when necessary. Of course, legally.”
People Also Ask About Subhashini Sankaran
1. Who is Subhashini Sankaran’s husband?
ANS- IPS Subhashini is not married yet.
2. What is the educational qualification of Subhashini?
ANS- M.Phil degree. Subhashini did M.Phil. He has a bachelor’s degree from Jawaharlal Nehru University in Delhi.
3. Who are the parents of Subhashini Sankaran?
ANS- Subhashini Sankaran father name is not available anywhere on all over internet.
Sangeeta Kaliya, Air7, Career, Edu, Marital Stats, Family, Bio & More