Manzil Saini Bio & More
If we talk about Manzil Saini, then Lady Singham is a 2006 batch IPS officer. He has secured 2 in AIR. Manzil Saini was born on 19 September 1975. Manzil Saini previously served as Senior Superintendent of Police, Lucknow. She is the first woman in the history of Uttar Pradesh to hold the post of SSP in Lucknow. Saini has also worked hard on the post of Deputy Inspector General in the National Human Rights Commission in 2010.
In 2022, he was promoted to the rank of Deputy Inspector General of National Security Guard. Saini has also worked in Etawah, the hometown of Samajwadi Party founder Mulayam Singh Yadav. He gained nationwide fame for his role in the investigation of Amit Kumar kidney racket case. Before joining the Delhi School of Economics, Saini completed his graduation from St. Stephen’s College, Delhi. Saini is a graduate in Physics.
Manzil is an alumnus of the Delhi School of Economics, and is a gold medalist from there. Saini is an alumnus of Delhi School of Economics and a gold medalist in her stream. Saini joined the IPS after clearing the Civil Services Examination of the Union Public Service Commission in 2006 and was allotted the Uttar Pradesh cadre. He has served his duty faithfully in various posts in Uttar Pradesh Police at places like Badaun, Etawah, Muzaffarnagar and Lucknow. Saini married Jaspal Dehal, a Sikh from a Punjabi family, and had two children.
Manzil Saini’s Information
|Real Name||Manzil Saini|
|Nick Name||Lady Singham|
|Famous For||AIR15 in 2005|
Manzil Saini’s Personal Life & More
|Date of Birth||19 September 1975|
|Age (as in 2023)||48 years|
|Birth Place||Delhi, India|
|Residence Place||Delhi, India|
|School||Hindu Girls Senior Secondary School, Delhi|
|College & Institute||St. Stephen’s College, Delhi|
Also Read Kanika Goyal, Career, New Records, AIR 9th, Family, Husband, Bio & More
Manzil Saini’s Physical Stats & More
|Height (Approx.)||5 Feet & 5inches (160 Cm)|
|Weight (Approx.)||61 Kgs|
|Body Measurement (Approx.)||36′ 32′ 36|
Manzil Saini’s Affairs & More
|Husband||Entrepreneur Ankit Tayal|
Manzil Saini’s Favorite Things
|Favorite Food||Aalu Pratha, Bhelpuri, Kachori & Domestic Food|
|Favorite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Rakesh Raushan|
|Favorite Actress||Rekha, Amisha Patel|
|Favorite Color||Yellow, Black & Pink|
|Favorite Cricketer||Sachin Tendulkar|
|Favorite Footballer||Lionel Messy, Antoine Griezmann|
|Favorite Book||Sustenance is better than hunger, treeconomics by Stephen j. Dubner and Steven Levitt.|
Manzil Saini’s Family & More
|Mother||Smt. Asha Saini (Homemaker)|
Manzil Saini’s Hobbies & Money Factor
|Hobbies||Playing Football & Travelling|
|Net Worth (Approx.)||15Lakh INR|
Manzil Saini’s Social Media ID
Unknown Fact About Manzil Saini
- Manzil Saini became the first woman IPS officer to hold this post in the history of Uttar Pradesh.
- In January 2017, considering his record as a fearless police officer, the Akhilesh Yadav government selected him and made him the Senior Superintendent of Police of Lucknow.
- In 2018, the new government in Uttar Pradesh under the leadership of Yogi Aditya Nath has started reshuffle in transfers and postings of senior police officers. Where, Deepak Kumar was made the Lucknow SSP in place of Saini, who was then working as the SSP of Ghaziabad.
- During Saini’s tenure as SSP of Lucknow from 2015 to 2017, an incident named ‘Shravan Sahu murder case’ took place in Saadat Ganj area of Lucknow.
- Shravan Sahu was an oil businessman who was fighting in court to get justice for the murder of his son, who was shot dead in 2015.
- Sahu was the only witness to his son’s murder and was receiving constant death threats. He had filed a petition seeking protection from Lucknow Police, but he was not given this service. After the incident occurred, Saini publicly admitted that it was a failure of the police force, which was not able to provide him security. Saini was found guilty of irresponsibility in the investigation of the case by the Central Bureau of Investigation in 2021–23.
- In 2022, a departmental inquiry by a committee of some senior police officers, which was initiated on the recommendation of the CBI, gave a clean chit to Saini in the case.
- It was revealed that he had recommended police protection for Shravan Sahu, but it was the laxity of the then District Magistrate of Lucknow that the protection was not provided on time.
- In his later years under the Yogi Aditya Nath government of Uttar Pradesh, Saini was chosen as CM Aditya Nath’s security in-charge.
- In 2019, when she was serving as the Senior Superintendent of Police of Meerut, she was embroiled in a controversy over her statement about a molestation victim.
- The victim, a minor girl, allegedly burnt herself alive due to constant harassment by her stalker.
- In 2018, Saini claimed after investigation that the alleged stalker and the victim girl were previously in a relationship, which went wrong, leading to her committing suicide.
- For his public statement, 5-6 MLAs of Uttar Pradesh state heavily criticized him.
- Saini met Dehal in 2001, when he was studying at Delhi School of Economics. After completing his bachelor’s degree, Saini worked for 3.2 years in a private firm, before clearing the prestigious entrance examination for civil services.
- Saini got his first posting as Assistant Superintendent of Police in Moradabad. In his early career, he gained nationwide fame for busting the ‘Kidney Racket’. In 2012, IPS Saini raided some private hospitals in Meerut and Noida and exposed kidney smuggling operating from there.
- Saini also played an important role in controlling the law and order situation before the Muzaffarnagar riots. Saini and the then District Magistrate of Muzaffarnagar played an important role in controlling the situation after the murder of two Jat youths in Kawal village in February 2014. However, both were shifted to different places by the permanent Uttar Pradesh government. Saini’s transfer was seen by the Jat community as an attempt by the Left government. Hence communal violence increased more rapidly and riots occurred.
People Also Ask About Manzil Saini
1. What is the name of Manzil Saini’s husband?
ANS:- Jaspal Dehal is her husband’s name.
2. Does Manzil Saini have any children?
ANS:- Yes, they have 2 daughter named Kaira.
3. Why is Manzil Saini called Lady Singham?
ANS:- Manzil Saini is a true and patriotic IPS officer. She does her duty with true devotion and dedication. Till date she has never bowed her head before oppression.
Read More Manzil Saini, IPS: Profile, Family and Husband