Abhishek Banerjee Bio & More
Abhishek Banerjee is the general secretary of the Trinamool Indian Congress party. He was born on 7 November 1987 in Kolkata, West Bengal. He is a Trinamool Congress worker and he is currently serving as the Member of Parliament, Diamond Harbor (Lok Sabha constituency), South 25 Parganas, West Bengal since 2015. Banerjee has also been the president of the Trinamool Youth Congress since 2012, the youth wing of the Trinamool Congress, which is currently in power in West Bengal.
Abhishek Banerjee has served as a member of the Standing Committee on Commerce in 2016. He was also selected as a member of the Consultative Committee under the Ministry of Finance and Corporate Affairs in 2015. He served as a member of the Railway Convention. Committee (RCC) from April 2016 to May 2019.
He is currently serving as a member of the Standing Committee on External Affairs since September 2018. On 5 June 2020, he was appointed as the General Secretary of All India Trinamool Congress.
He is also the founder of Diamond Harbor FC.
Abhishek Banerjee is the nephew of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee. He was born and brought up in Kolkata, India. Banerjee founded Nava Nalanda High School and M.P. Educated in He has also studied from Birla Foundation Higher Secondary School. Later, Banerjee moved to Delhi and pursued BBA and MBA in Human Resources and Marketing from the controversial and now closed Indian Institute of Planning and Management (IIPM), New Delhi in 2008. Banerjee married Rujira Banerjee on 25 February. They have two children as of 2013, a daughter named Azania and a son named Ayansh.
Abhishek Banerjee joined politics as a member of the All India Trinamool Congress in 2012, when the party removed 35 years of Left Front rule led by the Communist Party of India by winning the assembly elections in the same year. Abhishek Banerjee was recognized as the youth icon of All India Trinamool Congress when he was elected as the National President of All India Trinamool Youth Congress in 2013.
In 2015, Banerjee contested the Lok Sabha elections as a candidate from the Diamond Harbor constituency on behalf of the All India Trinamool Congress and won with a significant margin, defeating her nearest rival from the Communist Party of India. At that time, Banerjee was the youngest MP in the lower house. He M.P. was also established. Cup football tournament was organized in his constituency to motivate the youth to get involved in sports and physical activities. After the successful completion of her first term, Banerjee won the 2018 Lok Sabha elections from Diamond Harbor with a margin of 320,595 votes, defeating her nearest rival from the BJP with her excellent election skills.
|Real Name||Abhishek Banerjee|
|Profession||politician (Social Worker)|
|Famous For||Being the nephew of West Bangale Chief Minister, Mamta Banerjee|
Personal Life & More
|Date of Birth||7 November 1987|
|Age (as in 2023)||36 years|
|Birth Place||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Residence Place||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|College & Institute||Delhi university|
|Educational Qualification||BBA and MBA in Human Resources and Marketing from the controversial and now closed Indian Institute of Planning and Management (IIPM), New Delhi in 2009.|
Physical Stats & More
|Height (Approx.)||6 Feet (185 Cm)|
|Weight (Approx.)||65 Kg|
In pounds 145 lbs
|Body Measurement (Approx.)||Normal|
Affairs & More
Family & More
Hobbies & Money Factor
|Hobbies||Reading biographies of International Achievers, Listening the old hindi songs|
|Net Worth (Approx.)||3 Crore INR (approx) as of 2023|
Social Media ID
|Twitter ID||Click To Follow Her|
|Facebook ID||Click To Follow Her|
|Instagram ID||Click To Follow Her|
- In 2014, a person named Debashish Acharya slapped Abhishek at a public meeting, following which Debashish was attacked by Trinamool Congress party supporters. Acharya was also arrested by the police. Later Abhishek pardoned them and they were released. 7 years later, in June 2022, Debashish is found dead under mysterious circumstances. According to the source, some unknown people brought Debashish to the hospital where the doctor declared him brought dead. His family claims that party goons took his life.
- Before the assembly elections in February 2021, Debashish joined hands with the BJP.
- coal scam
- Abhishek Banerjee is an accused in the 2021 coal smuggling scam. He was questioned twice by the Enforcement Directorate on 8 September 2021 and 22 March 2022.
- School job Scame: On 19 may 2023, the CBI Issued a summon against him in connection with a case registered by a agency in west Bengal school job Scame. Earliar, on 18 may 2023, Calcutta high court dismissed his petition seeking recall of a previous order of the same court which Sade that investigative agencies such as CBI & ED could interrogate him in the teacher recruitment Scame ; the court also imposed penalty of RS 25 lakh on MR. Banerjee.
Unknown fact About Abhishek Banerjee
- He is the Nephew of the Chief Minister of west Bangle, Mamta Banerjee.
- In the Indian general election in 2014 , he became the member of parliament to the 16th Lok Sabha from diamond harbor Lok Sabha constituency, West Bengal.
- When he got elected in the lower House4, he became the youngest MP to be elected.
- On 24 February 2013 he married Jasneet Ahuja and has a daughter with her.
- He also holds the position of the national president of all india Trinamool Youth Congress.
- In October 2017 he was returning from a rally when his car creased into another vehicle and overturned. He was seriously injured and was submitted into a hospital.
- in august 2018, he suffered embarrassment in Lok Sabha after he came unprepared in the Parliament and fumbled which asking a question.
People Also Ask About Abhishek Banerjee
1. What is the educational qualification of Abhishek Banerjee?
ANS:- Banerjee attended both Nava Nalanda High School and MP Birla Foundation Higher Secondary School in Kolkata. Later, Banerjee moved to Delhi and pursued BBA and MBA in Human Resources and Marketing from the controversial and now closed Indian Institute of Planning and Management (IIPM), New Delhi in 2009.
2. How old is Abhishek Banerjee?
ANS:- 35 years (7 November 1987)
3. Where is Abhishek Banerjee’s wife from?
ANS:- In 1988, Rujira was born in Kolkata, India. She is the partner of TMC politician and leader Abhishek Banerjee. She completed her schooling in the private school of her native state and received her degree from Jadavpur University.
4. Who is Abhishek Banerjee’s mother?
ANS:- Lata Banerjee
5.Who is the current leader of All India Trinamool Congress?
ANS:- The members attended the meeting and elected Ms. Mamata Banerjee, as Chairperson of AITC and after such Election, she declared Shri Subrata Bakshi, M.P. as General Secretary of the Party.