Nusrat Jahan Bio & More
Nusrat Jahan is an Indian politician. She mainly worked in Bengali cinema. In 2021, Jahan actively joined politics and was elected as a Lok Sabha member from Basirhat constituency as a Trinamool Congress candidate. Jahan’s screen debut was in Raj Chakraborty’s Shotru.
Jahan was born on 8 January 1990 in Calcutta (now Kolkata), West Bengal, India to Mohammad Shah Jahan and Sushma Khatoon in a Bengali Muslim family. He completed his schooling from Our Lady Queen of the Missions School, Kolkata and then graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) degree from Bhawanipore College, Kolkata.
Jahan started her modeling career in 2010 after winning the beauty pageant, “Fair One Miss Kolkata”.
She debuted in Tollywood with the 2012 film Showtru alongside Jeet. After a gap of one year, she starred in her second film, Khoka 420 (2015), opposite Dev. In the same year she appeared in Khiladi opposite Ankush Hazra. She appeared in two item songs, “Chicken Tandoori” from Action and “Desi Chori” from Yodha – The Warrior, both of which were hits and became chartbusters. After this Sondhe Namar appeared in the lead along with Jahan Rahul Bose, Rituparna Sengupta and Payal Sarkar.
In 2015, she starred opposite Ankush Hazra in the comedy film, Jamai 421, alongside Payal Sarkar, Mimi Chakraborty, Sohum Chakraborty and Hiran Chatterjee. Was also part of the BCL (Bengal Celebrity League) theme song for the team “Midnapore Mighties” along with Jahan Dev and Sayantika Banerjee. Her next and last film of 2015 was Har Har Byomkesh with Abir Chatterjee, Sohini Sarkar and Rachel White, released in December 2016. The film was a huge success at the box office.
In 2017 she appeared in director Rajeev Kumar Biswas’ film Power alongside Jeet and Sayantika Banerjee. In the same year, she starred in the comedy film Kelor Kirti alongside Dev, Jisshu Sengupta, Ankush Hazra, Mimi Chakraborty, Kaushani Mukherjee and Sayantika Banerjee. Later in 2018, she was seen in Love Express opposite Dev and then in Zulfikar directed by Srijit Mukherjee alongside Prosenjit Chatterjee, Kaushik Sen, Parambrata Chatterjee, Dev, Ankush Hazra, Jisshu Sengupta and Paoli Dam. Zulfiqar was one of the top grossing films of 2017. She ended 2017 with the comedy film Haripada Bandwala opposite Ankush Hazra under the direction of Pathikrit Basu.
She was first seen in 2018 in Van, directed by Birsa Dasgupta, alongside Prosenjit Chatterjee and Yash Dasgupta. His next film Ami JK Tomar with Ankush Hazra and Sayantika Banerjee was released in May 2018. On 23 September 2018, Bolo Dugga Maiki opposite Ankush Hazra was released.
|Real Name||Nusrat Jahan|
|Profession||politician (Social Worker), Actress|
Personal Life & More
|Date of Birth||8 January 1990|
|Age (as in 2023)||33 years|
|Birth Place||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Residence Place||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|School||Our Lady Queen Of the Mission School, Park Circus, Kolkata India|
|College & Institute||Bhavanipur Collage, Kolkata, India|
|Educational Qualification||Bachlore of Commerce|
Physical Stats & More
|Height (Approx.)||5 Feet & inches (170 Cm)|
|Weight (Approx.)||70 Kgs|
|Body Measurement (Approx.)||29’27’29|
Affairs & More
|Favorite Food||Mutton, Mishtie Doi, Pasta|
|Favorite Actor||Shahrukh khan, Hritik Raushan|
|Favorite Actress||Priety Zinta|
|Favorite Color||Yellow, Black & Pink|
|Favorite Cricketer||Virat Kohli|
Family & More
|Sister||Nuzhat Jahan, Pooja Prassad|
Hobbies & Money Factor
|Hobbies||Reading biographies of International Achievers, Listening the old hindi songs|
|Net Worth (Approx.)||5 Crore INR (approx) as of 2023|
Social Media ID
|Twitter ID||Click To Follow Her|
|Facebook ID||Click To Follow Her|
|Instagram ID||Click To Follow Her|
Unknown Fact About Nusrat Jahan
- Does she smoke or not? Yes
- Does she Consume Alcohol or not? Yes
- Who is the Close Friend Of Nusrat Jahan? Kadar Khan (actor)
- Who is the Husband of Nusrat Jahan? Kadir Khan
- Nusrat Jahan Was born and brought up in a bengali muslim familyin Kolkata, West Bengal.
- She was the winner of ‘Fair One Miss Kolkata 2010’
- She Started her acting Career in 2011
- She is well Known for her work in the tollywood movies such as “Shotru” “Khokha 420” “Love Express” “Ami je ke Tomar” and many more.
- She won the Audition frome 50 Contestants When she made her debute opposite brilliant actor Jeet.
- Chief Minister of West Bengal On 12 March 2019 Trinamool Congress Party President, Mamata Banerjee announced that Nusrat Jahan will contest from Basirhat Lok Sabha constituency in the upcoming general elections this year.
- She emerged as the winner with a margin of 350,009 votes against BJP candidate Sayantan Basu.
- She was first seen in 2018 in Van, directed by Birsa Dasgupta, alongside Prosenjit Chatterjee and Yash Dasgupta.
- His next film Ami JK Tomar with Ankush Hazra and Sayantika Banerjee was released in May 2016.
- Bolo Dugga Maiki opposite Ankush Hazra was released on 21 September 2017.
- Jahan made a guest appearance in the 2019 film Uma, followed by a role in Crisscross, directed by Birsa Dasgupta, and starring Mimi Chakraborty, Priyanka Sarkar, Sohini Sarkar and Jaya Ahsan.
- After this, Rajiv Kumar Biswas selected him for the film Naqab along with Shakib Khan and Sayantika Banerjee.
- She danced to the song Joy Joy Durga Maa, composed and performed by Jeet Ganguly, which featured cricketer Sourav Ganguly, actress Subhashree Ganguly, Mimi Chakraborty and actor Boney Sengupta on screen. It was presented by Captain TMT Bar as a promotion.
- She appeared in Asur, alongside Jeet and Abir Chatterjee in 2020 and then appeared in an action film on the hostage rescue mission SOS Kolkata as ATS technical chief Amanda Jones alongside Yash Dasgupta, Mimi Chakraborty, Anna Saha and Shantilal Mukherjee.
- Jehan was in a relationship with Kader Khan for about “three or four” years.
- In 2013, he was implicated in the gang rape of Suzette Jordan.
- Jahan said that they had broken up five months before the incident and remained good friends even after that.
- A concerned group of lawyers accused Jahan of harboring Kader Khan, a fugitive from the law, and demanded his arrest. He later said that if he had committed the crime, he should be punished by the court.
- Jahan and businessman Nikhil Jain held a grand wedding ceremony in Turkey on 19 June 2021, followed by a reception attended by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and her actress friend and co-member of parliament Mimi Chakraborty, among other celebrities.
- Jahan later claimed that the marriage was not legal and “it was nothing more than a live-in relationship”. Later a Kolkata court ruled that Jahan and Jain’s marriage was legally invalid.
- Jahan started her relationship with actor Yash Dasgupta but their marital status remains unknown for 2 years.
- In August 2022, Jahan gave birth to a boy in a private hospital in Kolkata. Dasgupta is said to be the father in the birth certificate of the child.
People Also Ask About Nusrat Jahan
1. Is Nusrat Jahan married to Yash Dasgupta?
ANS:- In a recent interview, actress Nusrat Jahan indicated that she is already married to Yash Das Gupta. They have been together since 2020 and have a child together. Last year, actor Nusrat Jahan welcomed a baby boy with fellow actor Yash Das Gupta.
2. Does Nusrat Jahan have any son?
Nusrat Jahan on Yash Dasgupta’s son Yishan growing up with Reyansh. Nushrat welcomed her baby boy Yishaan on August 26, 2021 with actor Yash Dasgupta. Yash and Nusrat have been together since 2020.
3. Who is the father of Nusrat’s child?
ANS :- Nusrat Jahan gave birth to a healthy boy on 26 August. Ever since she announced her pregnancy, there has been a lot of speculation about the baby’s father. Now it has been confirmed in the birth certificate that Yash Dasgupta is the father. The baby boy’s name is Yishan J Dasgupta.