Dr. Renu Raj secured second rank in the Civil Services Examination in her very first attempt in 2014. Candidates can read this article and take inspiration from his preparation strategy and get details of his background and journey to become an IAS officer. IAS success stories are truly inspiring. Reading such stories of grit and determination can inspire us to move forward towards success in our chosen field. One such unique story is that of IAS topper Dr. Renu Raj.
|Real Name||Dr. Renu Raj|
|Profession||Civil Servant (IAS Officer)|
|Famous For||AIR3 in 2014|
Dr. Renu Raj’s Personal Life & More
|Date of Birth||11 January1987|
|Age (as in 2023)||38 years|
|Birth Place||Kottayam in Kerala|
|Residence|| Alappuzha in Kerala|
|School||St. Teresa Higher Secondary School in Kottayam, Kerala|
|College & Institute|
St. Teresa Higher Secondary School in Kottayam, Kerala
Also Read Stuti charan, New Records, Air3, Family, Career, Fact, Personal, Bio & More
Dr. Renu Raj’s Physical Stats & More
|Height (Approx.)||5 Feet & 6 inches (165 Cm)|
|Weight (Approx.)||69 Kgs|
|Body Measurement (Approx.)||38-32-36|
Dr. Renu Raj’s Affairs & More
Dr. Renu Raj’s Favorite Things
|Favorite Food|| Bhelpuri, Kachori & Domestic Food, Mutton shawarma|
|Favorite Actor||Hritik Raushan, Ranbir Kapoor|
|Favorite Actress||Shraddha Kapoor, Yami Gautam|
|Favorite Color||Yellow, Black & Pink|
|Favorite Cricketer||Sachin Tendulkar|
|Favorite Footballer||Lionel Messy, Antoine Griezmann|
|Favorite Book||Sustenance is better than hunger, treeconomics by Stephen j. Dubner and Steven Levitt.|
Dr. Renu Raj’s Family & More
|Father||Mr. M K Rajakumaran Nair (Government Officer)|
|Mother||Mrs. Latha V N (Hindi lecturer)|
Dr. Renu Raj’s Hobbies & Money Factor
|Hobbies||Eating & Travelling|
|Net Worth (Approx.)||1.6 crore INR|
Dr. Renu Raj’s Social Media ID
|Twitter ID||Click To Follow Her|
|Facebook ID|| Click To Follow Her|
|Instagram ID||Click To Follow Her|
Unknown Fact About Renu Raj
- Renu is a resident of Kottayam, Kerala.
- Her father is a retired government employee and mother a housewife.
- Renu studied at St. Teresa’s Higher Secondary School in Changanassery (Kottayam) and later obtained her medical degree from the Government Medical College, Kottayam.
- Both his sister and her husband are doctors.
- Becoming an IAS officer was Renu’s childhood dream.
- This dream became even stronger during the Emergency days at her home when she met people from different sections of the society.
- She says that during this period she was exposed to the harsh realities of life.
- Renu was one of the lucky candidates who could clear the IAS exam in the first attempt.
- She was 27 years old at that time and was working as a doctor at the ASI Hospital in Kalluvathukkal, Kollam district of Kerala, when she wrote this amazing IAS success story.
This is how Dr. Renu Raj prepared for IAS
- Renu says that she studied for 3 to 6 hours every day since December 2013.
- She was always particular about following the right diet and slept for 7 hours and always had meals at the right time. Perhaps his medical knowledge guided him in this matter.
- Renu adopted the preliminary + main exam approach.
He preferred to complete the UPSC syllabus quickly rather than spending days on one topic of the syllabus.
- He avoided group study because he found it difficult.
- He took IAS coaching for preliminary exam and some subjects and optional subject. His optional subject was Malayalam literature.
- For current affairs, Renu recommends reading ‘The Hindu’ newspaper, Yojana and Kurukshetra magazines. For daily current affairs, we have regular updates and features that can make your IAS preparation much easier.
- The most important thing that can help one crack the IAS exam is to give mock exams.
- He practiced a lot in writing the answers and he says it worked wonders for him.
- Enroll for UPSC Mains Exam Series and increase your chances of clearing UPSC 2023.
IAS Journey and Study Schedule
After achieving success, Dr. Renu Raj shares tips for aspiring candidates. He revealed that since 2013, he dedicated 3-6 hours daily to prepare for the UPSC exam while continuing his medical practice. He followed this schedule for six to seven months. Later, he decided to focus completely on his preparation. After the main examination, he resumed his medical practice. However, his determination remained unaffected.
Dr. Renu Raj, IAS: Bio, Family, Caste, Husband and Age