Garima Lohia is an IPS officer of UPSC 2022 batch AIR 2. He was born on 18 May 1999 in Buxar, Bihar. His father’s name is Manoj Kumar Lohia and mother’s name is Sunita Lohia (Homemaker). In the fiercely competitive field of Civil Services Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), there are stories of incredible dedication, perseverance and victory that inspire millions. One such inspirational story is that of Garima Lohia, who secured Excellent All India Rank (AIR) 2 in UPSC IAS Exam.
His exemplary journey from an aspiring aspirant to an IAS topper is the result of his relentless hard work, strategic approach and unwavering determination. Today we have given you complete information about Garima Lohia UPSC 2022 AIR 2 in the next article.
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) examination is famous across the country for its rigorous nature and immense competition. Which makes it one of the most prestigious and challenging exams in India. Aspiring candidates work hard every year to secure a place in the prestigious civil services. In UPSC Exam 2023, many exceptional candidates including Ishita Kishore, Garima Lohia, Smriti Mishra and others have emerged as top performers.
Among them, Garima Lohia, a proud native of Bihar’s Buxar, has brought great laurels to her state by securing the coveted AIR 2 and scoring a total of 1061 marks.
Coming from a humble background, Garima Lohia’s journey to success is a testimony to her indomitable spirit. Garima was born and brought up in Buxar, a small town in Bihar. Lohia displayed exceptional academic talent from an early age. Garima did her graduation in Commerce and Accounts from Kirori Mal College DU. While studying, his passion for governance and public administration began to grow in his mind.
After completing her graduation she started preparing for UPSC exam and failed twice in her attempt and successfully secured 2nd rank in third time.
|Real Name||Garima Lohia|
|Profession||Civil Servant (IAS)|
|Famous For||AIR 2 in 2022|
Personal Life & More
|Date of Birth||18 May 1999|
|Age (as in 2023)||24 years|
|Birth Place||Buxar, Bihar, India|
|Residence Place||Buxar, Bihar, India|
|College & Institute||Kirori Mal Collage Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Bachlore of Commerce|
Physical Stats & More
|Height (Approx.)||5 Feet & 4 inches (163 Cm)|
|Weight (Approx.)||60 Kgs|
|Body Measurement (Approx.)||38′ 32′ 36|
Affairs & More
|Favorite Food||Mutton, Mishtie Doi, Pasta, Litti Chokha|
|Favorite Actor||Shahrukh khan, Hritik Raushan|
|Favorite Actress||Priety Zinta|
|Favorite Color||Yellow, Black & Pink|
|Favorite Cricketer||Virat Kohli|
Family & More
|Father||Manoj Kumar Lohia (Wholesale Dealer of garments in Buxar)|
|Mother||Sunita Lohia (Homemaker)|
|Brother||Varun Lohia (B.com Students)|
Hobbies & Money Factor
|Hobbies||Reading & Writing|
|Net Worth (Approx.)||2 Crore INR (approx) as of 2023|
Social Media ID
|Twitter ID||Click To Follow Her|
|Facebook ID||Click To Follow Her|
|Instagram ID||Click To Follow Her|
Unknown Fact About Garima Lohia
- Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has declared the result of Civil Services 2023 exam and once again women have shown their exceptional performance by securing the top position.
- One of the top achievers, Garima Lohia, is also from the last batch, securing AIR 2 in the prestigious exam. Notably, Garima achieved this remarkable feat without the aid of any coaching.
- UPSC topper says, “I feel very lucky and fortunate to see this day. I am very happy.”
- Hailing from the developed city of Buxar in Bihar, Garima started her UPSC journey with the determination to crack the exam and make a mark in the civil services. This was his third attempt and he left no stone unturned to succeed.
- After the death of her father in 2016, Garima or her siblings have been brought up by her mother. In her interview, Garima cites her mother as her biggest inspiration who stood by her side during her UPSC CSE exams.
- Garima lived in a family of 12 member or only her grandfather was a matriarch.
- Garima started preparing for UPSC exam during 2021 lockdown.
- Garima did not take any coaching or tuition classes, but studied on her own from the internet or was able to reach her success.
- She failed in her first attempt but scored 1061 in her second attempt.
- Garima speaks or knows Marwari, English or Hindi language fluently.
- She likes to listen to podcasts in her spare time.
- An essay on women empowerment written by him was awarded the title of Best Essay by the United Nations Forum.
- Garima’s optional subject in upsc exam was commerce or accountancy.
- Sharing her success mantra with the future UPSC aspirants, Garima said that only self-study and staying motivated even in the face of adversity can make one successful.
- Advising future UPSC aspirants to keep up their hard work, he suggested 9 to 10 hours of dedicated study to crack the prestigious exam.
- Garima believes that there is no one formula for preparation as it varies from person to person.
- Garima used to study for 15 hours a day and used various books and online study material for her preparation.
People Also Ask About Garima Lohia
1. Who is Garima Lohia UPSC topper?
ANS:- Garima Lohia is a native of Buxar, Bihar, and was nurtured in a business family. She enjoys self-improvement podcasts, among other things. Garima enrolled at Delhi University’s Kirori Mal College, where she received a degree in accounting in 2020 and secured second rank in the UPSC CSE 2022.
2. What is the age of Garima UPSC topper?
ANS:- Garima Lohia was born in 1999 (age 24 years; as of 2023) in Buxar, Bihar. She did her primary schooling at Woodstock School in Buxar. Thereafter, he attended Sunbeam School, Bhagwanpur in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. In 2017, she enrolled in Kirori Mal College, Delhi, where she pursued her graduation in accountancy.
3. How many marks did Garima Lohia get?
ANS:- 1063 marks
Garima Lohia secured a total of 1063 marks in the UPSC Civil Services Examination. Garima got 876 marks in the written test and 187 marks on the interview. In the mains examination, Garima got 131 marks in Essay paper, 104, 131, 94, and 141 marks in General Studies paper one, two, three, and four respectively.
4. When did Garima Lohia graduate?
ANS:- Garima Lohia UPSC Topper
Garima Lohia UPSC Topper 2023
Total Marks 1063
Optional Subject Commerce and Accountancy
Education Qualification Degree in Accounting in 2020
5. What is the marksheet of Garima Lohia in UPSC?
ANS:- Garima Lohia Marksheet (UPSC 2023 Topper AIR 2)
Essay (Paper -I) 131
General Studies – I (Paper – II) 104
General Studies – II (Paper -III) 131
General Studies – III (Paper -IV) 094.