Jignesh Mevani is an Indian politician and social activist known for his work in the Indian state of Gujarat. Jignesh Mevani rose to fame as a social worker and leader of the Dalit community in Gujarat. He has been actively involved in advocating for the rights and welfare of the historically marginalized and oppressed Dalits in India.
Mevani emerged as a leader during the Dalit thrashing incident in Una in 2016, where four Dalit men were publicly whipped by self-proclaimed cow protectors for skinning a dead cow. He played a key role in organizing protests and demanding justice for the victims.
Jignesh Mevani entered politics and contested the Gujarat Assembly elections in 2017 as an independent candidate from Vadgam constituency. He won the election and became a Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA).
As an MLA, Mevani has worked on various issues related to social justice, education and welfare of marginalized communities. He is known for advocating for social and economic justice as well as the rights of deprived and oppressed communities.
Mevani has been involved in movements related to land rights and land redistribution, especially to Dalit and tribal communities in Gujarat. He has been a prominent youth leader in Indian politics and has inspired many youth activists.
Jignesh Mevani’s work focuses on addressing the issues of caste-based discrimination, social inequality and upliftment of marginalized communities in India. His activism and political career have had a significant impact on the socio-political landscape of Gujarat and India as a whole.
|Full Name||Jignesh Mevani|
|Nick Name||Natwarlal Mevani|
|Profession||Politician & Social Activist|
|Political Party||Una Dalit Atyachar Ladat Samiti (Supports Indian National Congress)|
Personal Life & More
|Date of Birth||11 December 1980|
|Age (as in 2023)||42 years|
|Birth Place||Ahemdabad, Gujrat, India|
|Residence||Ahemdabad, Gujrat, India|
|College & Institute||Bhavan’s College, Ahmedabad|
|Educational Qualification||Postgraduate Diploma|
Physical Stats & More
|Height (Approx.)||5 Feet & 7 inches (170 Cm)|
|Weight (Approx.)||63 Kgs|
|Body Measurement (Approx.)||38-32-12|
Affairs & More
|Favorite Food||Domestic Food, Mutton shawarma, Chicken & Rice|
|Favorite Actor||Ajay Devgan & Sunil Shetty|
|Favorite Actress||Shraddha Kapoor, Kajol|
|Favorite Color||Yellow, Black & Pink|
|Favorite Cricketer||Sachin Tendulkar|
|Favorite Footballer||Lionel Messy, Antoine Griezmann|
|Favorite Book||Sustenance is better than hunger, treeconomics by Stephen j. Dubner and Steven Levitt.|
Family & More
|Father||Name N/A (Worked at the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation )|
|Mother||Name N/A (Worked at Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited)|
Hobbies & Money Factor
|Hobbies||Reading Book, Eating & Travelling|
|Net Worth (Approx.)||8 Lakh INR (in 2023)|
Social Media ID
|Twitter ID||Click To Follow Her|
|Facebook ID||Click To Follow Her|
|Instagram ID||Click To Follow Her|
Unknown Facts About Jignesh Mevani:-
- Does he smoke Sigarate or not? No
- Does he drink alcohol or not? No
- As of 2023, the total net worth of Jignesh Mevani is said to be Rs 8 lakh.
- Jignesh Mevani was born on 11 December 1982 in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.
- He holds a Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) degree.
- Mevani became nationally known in 2016 when he played a key role in organizing protests and demanding justice for the victims of the Una Dalit thrashing incident.
- The incident involved the public beating of four Dalit men by self-styled cow vigilantes.
- In the 2017 Gujarat Assembly elections, Jignesh Mevani contested and won as an independent candidate from Vadgam constituency of Gujarat.
- He became an Independent Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA).
- Mevani has been an active social activist and has worked on various issues related to social justice, land rights and the welfare of marginalized communities, especially Dalits and tribals.
- He is considered a youth leader in Indian politics and has inspired many young activists to get involved in social and political work.
- Mevani has been associated with movements that demand land rights and land redistribution, focusing on marginalized communities’ access to land.
- While he initially contested the elections as an independent candidate, Jignesh Mevani has been associated with various political parties and movements, including the Rashtriya Dalit Adhikar Manch.
- He has received recognition and awards for his social and political work, including the Newsmaker of the Year award from “Outlook” magazine.
- Mevani has been in various controversies due to his outspoken nature and advocacy of social justice issues.
- He is active on social media platforms and uses them as a means to connect with his supporters and followers.
- Jignesh Mevani’s work has had a significant impact in raising awareness of the issues faced by Dalits and marginalized communities in India.
- His advocacy and political career are closely followed in Indian politics, especially in the context of social justice and rights of disadvantaged groups.
1. Who is Jignesh Mevani?
ANS- Jignesh Mevani is an Indian politician and social activist known for his advocacy for the rights of Dalits and marginalized communities in India.
2. What is Jignesh Mevani’s background?
ANS- He was born on December 11, 1982, in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. He holds a Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) degree.
3. What is Jignesh Mevani’s notable achievement?
ANS- Jignesh Mevani gained national prominence for his role in organizing protests and demanding justice for the victims of the Una Dalit flogging incident in 2016.
4. Which political position does Jignesh Mevani hold?
ANS- He is an independent Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA) and won from the Vadgam constituency in Gujarat in the 2017 state assembly elections.
5. What are some key issues Jignesh Mevani is associated with?
ANS- He is associated with issues related to social justice, land rights, and the welfare of marginalized communities, particularly Dalits and Adivasis.
6. Has Jignesh Mevani received any awards or recognition?
ANS- Yes, he has received recognition and awards for his social and political work, including the Newsmaker of the Year award from “Outlook” magazine.
7. What is Jignesh Mevani’s role as a youth leader?
ANS- He is considered a youth leader in Indian politics and has inspired many young activists to engage in social and political causes.
8. Is Jignesh Mevani associated with any political parties or movements?
ANS- While he initially contested as an independent candidate, he has been associated with various political parties and movements, including the Rashtriya Dalit Adhikar Manch.
9. What are some controversies associated with Jignesh Mevani?
ANS- He has been involved in various controversies due to his outspoken nature and his advocacy for social justice issues.
10. Where can I find more information about Jignesh Mevani and his work?
ANS- You can find information about Jignesh Mevani on various news outlets, social media platforms, and through interviews and articles related to his social and political activism.
Read More: Jignesh Mevani