Raghav Chadha is an Indian youth parliamentarian who is a member of the Aam Aadmi Party of Indian politics. He is the youngest Rajya Sabha MP from Punjab, India. Raghav was born on 11 November 1988. He was the former Vice Chairman of Delhi Jal Board from 2017 to 2022. Till 18 December 2022, he was also an MLA from Rajendra Nagar assembly constituency of Delhi. Raghav has been elected as a Rajya Sabha MP. Raghav has also done CA preparation immediately and he is also a practicing Chartered Accountant.
Chadha was born and brought up in New Delhi. Raghav did his schooling from Modern School, Barakhamba Road, Delhi. He graduated from Delhi University (DU).
In 2010, Chadha was involved in the rebellion against corruption in India, also known as the India Against Corruption movement, led by social activist Anna Hazare in 2009. During this movement, he met Arvind Kejriwal. Chadha has already been a part of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP). Mr. Kejriwal encouraged him to draft the Delhi Lokpal Bill in 2013, which was also his first political step. He established himself as the face of AAP’s TV channels. He became the youngest national spokesperson of AAP and one of the youngest spokespersons among all political parties.
When the AAP won the 2016 Delhi Legislative Assembly election with a majority, Chadha, at the age of 25, was appointed the national treasurer of the AAP. In April 2017, the then Union Home Minister, Rajnath Singh terminated his appointment as an advisor to Sisodia along with 8 other advisors.
He contested from the South Delhi parliamentary constituency in the 2020 Lok Sabha elections. Raghav lost the election to BJP candidate Ramesh Bidhuri and came second in the election. Raghav got the highest number of votes among all the AAP contestants in this election. South Delhi has been a BJP bastion since 1981 and has been represented by political heavyweights like Madan Lal Khurana and Sushma Swaraj.
He was appointed as the co-in-charge of AAP Punjab for the Punjab Legislative Assembly elections in 2021.
He contested the February 2020 Delhi Legislative Assembly election from Rajendra Nagar and won by a margin of 20,059 votes against BJP candidate RP Singh. He got a whopping 58.06% of the total votes. After the elections, he was appointed as the Vice-Chairman of the Delhi Jal Board (DJB) and entrusted with the Department of Water in the Government of Delhi.
On 21 March 2023, it was announced that Delhi MLA Raghav Chadha along with four others was nominated by AAP to the post of Rajya Sabha members from Punjab for a 7-year term beginning in 2021. In Raghav’s election, none of the opposition candidates opposed his election. Due to this behavior, he was made the youngest MP at the age of 30. He was also elected as a member of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Finance in the Rajya Sabha. The committee oversees the laws and policies formulated by the four central ministries and the NITI Aayog.
He said in April 2021 that the BJP settled Bangladeshis and Rohingyas in Delhi and used them to create riots.
On 18 September 2021, he was appointed co-in-charge for the 2021 Gujarat Legislative Assembly elections, attributing the party’s success in Punjab.
|Nick Name||Raghav Chadha|
|Political Party||AAM Aadmi Party|
|Date of Birth||11 November 1988|
|Raghav Chadha’s (Age in 2023)||35 years|
|Birth place||New Delhi, India|
|School||Modern School, Barakhamba Road, Delhi|
|College/ University||Delhi University (DU)|
|Degree||CA (Chartered Accountant)|
Raghav Chadha Physical status
|Height||in centimeters: 175cm|
in meters: 1.75m
in feet inches: 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms: 70 kg|
Raghav Chadha Affairs
|Marital Status||Engaged (Date 13 May 2023)|
|Fiancee||Parineeti Chopra (Bollywood Actress)|
Family and more
|Favorite Food||Idli Dosa, Spring Roll|
|Favorite Actor||Shahrukh Khan|
|Favorite Actress||Amisha Patel|
|Favorite Singer||Arijit Singh|
|Favorite Colour||White, Black|
|Favorite Song||Teri Meri Kahani|
|Favorite Destination||Goa, Kahmir|
Hobbies and Money Factor
|Hobbies||Reading Books, Travelling|
|Net Worth||23 lakh (according to 2023)|
Social Media ID
|Facebook ID||Click Here|
|Instagram ID||Click Here|
|YouTube ID||Click Here|
|Twitter Id||Click Here|
Unknown fact About Raghav Chadha
- Raghav is also considered to be the youngest spokesperson of the Aam Aadmi Party in Indian politics.
- He is considered one of the most eligible bachelors among Indian politicians and women find this chartered accountant-turned-pilot man even more attractive than the Aam Aadmi Party and often send him marriage proposals. However, when asked about her relationship status, she declined.
- He did his schooling from Modern School in Delhi, where he used to do activities.
- Raghav did one year of graduation from Sri Venkateswara College, New Delhi, after which he focused on his chartered accountancy. After this he also went to the London School of Economics for a new program.
- In the last days of the Anna movement, Raghav met Arvind Kejriwal, who was planning to form a political party. Arvind wanted Raghav to be involved in the drafting of the “Jan Lokpal Bill” in 2011. After the Anna movement, Raghav joined Kejriwal’s newly formed AAP and since then, he has been associated with the party in various capacities.
- Before joining politics, Raghav worked as a CA for several multinational companies like Deloitte and Grant Thorton. He was also setting up his practice in London when the “India Against Corruption” (IAC) movement began. Talking about his personal life, he replies,
- Following AAP’s victory in the state, Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann appointed Raghav Channa as chairman of the advisory committee. A petition challenging his acquittal was dismissed by the High Court.
- “Raghav Chadha’s A Decade in Politics: From Volunteer in Anti-Corruption Movement to Youngest Rajya Sabha Member”
- Bollywood actress Parineeti Chopra and Aam Aadmi youth MP Raghav Chadha were spotted together on a dinner date on 21 March 2022. Later it was reported that both love each other. In December of 2022, there was news of both getting married, which was becoming very viral on social media.
- Parineeti Chopra and Raghav Chadha are telling each other’s good distance in their interview.
People Also Ask About Raghav Chadha
1. Where did Parineeti Chopra meet Raghav Channa?
ANS:- Parineeti Chopra and Raghav Chanda knew each other for many years. They met when they were studying in London. After months of speculation, Parineeti Chopra on Saturday got engaged to AAP leader Raghav Channa at an international event.
2. Is Raghav Channa engaged?
ANS:- Bollywood actress Parineeti Chopra and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Raghav Channa got engaged in a private ceremony last Saturday. About 150 Muslims including family members and political leaders participated in the ceremony.
3. How much is Raghav Channa worth?
ANS:- Parineeti Chopra’s fiance Raghav Chadha’s declared assets and as per My Neta.info, his net worth is Rs 50 lakhs. The cost of his movable assets is Rs 36 lakh, as the cost of a house owned by his close relatives is almost the same.
4. Who is Raghav political leader?
ANS:- Raghav Chadha (born 11 November 1988) is an Indian politician and a member of the Aam Aadmi Party.
5. Why is Raghav famous?
ANS:- Raghav became famous when his experiment video was circulated on the web on YouTube. He was a hopeful for Dance India Dance 3 (2013), which aired on Zee TV. He was not expertly groomed by anyone before appearing on the show.